About the Memphis/Shelby County Law Enforcement Foundation!

The Memphis/Shelby County Law Enforcement Foundation was formed in May 2008, as a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization, to provide private sector support to our police department and contribute to the development of an innovative, technologically advanced police force optimally engaged with the community it serves. Fifteen board members from diverse backgrounds have come together with great enthusiasm to leverage their expertise in the areas of finance, research, marketing, public relations, fundraising and development to build philanthropic support for our police department.

The Memphis/Shelby County Law Enforcement Foundation and other progressive police foundations across the country exist to bring a city together in support of its community protectors. We are actively fundraising in the community with one goal: to send the strongest possible message that Memphis/Shelby County supports its law enforcement and wants them empowered with the very best technology. It should be noted that approximately 90% of major city police budgets go to personnel costs. This only leaves approximately 10% of budget appropriations for training, equipment and technology.These are the areas of concern the foundation will focus on and support.

Our immediate goal is raising funds for new technology to keep our men and women in blue on the cutting edge and safe when tracking criminals and combating crime in our city.

Join us in our efforts to make Memphis a safer and more viable community in which to live, work and play.


Memphis Police Foundation


Dedrick Brittenum

Paul Boyle

John Dobbs, Jr

Chuck Fox

Dennis Hamilton

Joanna Kelly

Jerry Seessel

Randy Stepherson

Pat Tigrett

Carole West

Johnny Vergos

Jim Walker

Bill Wilson



Co Chair



Executive Director

Jerry Seessel


Carole West

Chuck Fox

Tessa Armbrister

Jim Tusant